February 13, 2012 § Leave a comment
Carrot is a great source of vitamin A, carotene and potassium.
And now that potato and turnip are in season, what would be better than make a warm soup with them all?
SERVES: 3- 4
READY IN: 45 minutes
- 1 T. of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 t. of group coriander
- 250 g. carrots
- 100 g. turnip
- 1 l. vegetable stock
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 big pan
- 1 blender or food processor
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the saucepan.
- Chop the onion and peel and chop the potato.
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add potato and a teaspoon of coriander.
- Fry for 1 minute or 2.
- Add the stock.
- Chop the carrots and turnip in big chunks and add to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Then use the food processor or blender to whiz until smooth.
- Reheat in the pan, taste and season with salt and black pepper if necessary.