March 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Pepper is in season!
Let’s celebrate it with this shortcrust pastry filled with veggies.
And for a non-vegetarian option you can add some bacon rashers on top of the mushrooms.
READY IN: 1 hour (includes 20 – 30 minutes in the oven)
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 red peppers
- 200 g. close cup mushrooms
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 500 g. shortcrust pastry
- A bit of butter (optional)
- 1 chopping board
- 1 knife
- 2 pans
- 1 rolling pin (or something that can be used as one)
- 1 sheet of baking parchment
- 1 fork
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
- Chop onion and red peppers.
- Fry onion and red peppers at medium heat with some salt and black pepper until tender.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms.
- Fry the mushrooms at medium heat and season. When they are nearly cooked, add some lemon juice.
- Cut the shortcrust in half. Take one half and roll it in a rectangle. Put the onion and pepper in one half of the rectangle. Then add a layer of mushrooms. Fold the other half of the rectangle over the vegetables. Close the pastry using a fork to stick the sides. Make some holes on top with the fork.
- Do the same with the second part of the shortcrust.
- To bake follow the directions in the package. It should be around 20-30 minutes or until golden.