March 10, 2012 § Leave a comment
You can make lots of kinds of cake salés (savoury cakes).
Although the most common one would be the one with ham, cheese and olives, you can add the ingredients you want. I found a good recipe for cake salé (this recipe – in Spanish) and changed the ingredients, inspired in what a friend of mine brought to a picnic : )
- 150 g. of flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 16 g. of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 5 Tsp of oil
- 100 ml. of milk
- 1 courgette
- 150 g. of feta cheese
- A bit of butter for greasing ?
- 2 bowls
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 measuring jug
- 1 knife
- 1 lb (450 g.) loaf tin
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Cut the courgette and the feta cheese in dices.
4. Add the courgette to the flour mixture.
5. Mix eggs, oil and milk in another bowl.
6. Add the feta cheese to the egg mixture.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir without over mixing.
8. Grease the loaf tin with butter and put the mixture into the tin.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Another recipe for cake salé that I like has goat’s cheese (125 g.) and apricots (100 g.) You can put that in the cake instead of the courgette and feta and add some sunflower or pumpkin seeds (50 g.) following the same recipe.